Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Blogging news and i am a 60s girl.

Well i haven't blogged for a while mainly due to me being upset and pre-occuppied as my beautiful brother passed away 8 weeks ago on Wednesday and it has been very hard and still surreal. He was a great inspiration to me and many others. He was a quadriplegic and never once did he complain about it. He had been a quad for almost 20 years after a motor bike accident. He become very ill late last year and was in ICU on and off for almost 3 months and this was a hard time for the family. But he recovered and went home and all was fine and life was good again. But it was not meant to be he took ill again with pneumonia, his lungs collapsed, he went into cardiac arrest and this time just didn't come out of it. He was only 46 years old.

I took some time out and grieved but decided he was proud of me and what i had achieved so far so i had to keep going and knew he would be happy and proud of me even more.

Went back to the gym and just stuck at it.

Well today was a happy day i had WI and lost 1.1kg to get to a total of 60.5kg gone and i am sixties girl - 69.6 to be exact. NEVER ever expected that. I am very happy and feel so fit. I know now i will get to goal and hopefully maintain this new life of mine.

I posted a new picture, not a great one, but will update it soon.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Janice, your new photo is fantastic. You can really see the difference in your waist.

So close to goal. I can't wait to celebrate with you.

Mel. said...

Janice you look fantastic and deserve the rewards your getting...

Martine (email: mdally@internode.on.net) said...

Janice, I am so in awe of you and your commitment. I know you work hard at it and your efforts at the gym and with food are rewarded by the scales - at this stage in your weight loss journey to still be losing 1kg+ near to goal is remarkable - but it is due to your effort and commitment. You have given me food for thought and good for you. Martine